Below is a condensed version of the Terms & Conditions that persons agree to when creating a booking. When creating your booking, please read the agreement IN FULL to understand your obligations.
1. Equipment checkout is available only to students actively enrolled in a Media School class during the current academic session. The equipment a student has access to is based on the Media School classes they are currently enrolled in.
2. Equipment or Facilities should be used for Media School projects ONLY. It would be unfair for students to not have access to equipment if it was being used for non-Media School projects, or for projects outside the university. As such, Media School equipment should not be used for freelancing or for-profit projects.
3. All bookings should be made in advance by the student using the equipment or facilities. The student is required to show up for check-outs and check-ins, and cannot pass that off to another person. Students are required to bring their Crimson Card to all check-outs.
4. The Media School provides automated notifications regarding a student's booking. It is the responsibility of the student to read those emails.
5. The student is expected to be on time for check-outs and check-ins, to edit or cancel their booking prior to checkout, and to communicate with the checkout site as needed.
6. At any time, the Media School reserves the right to cancel bookings or deny access to equipment or facilities, if deemed necessary.
7. Students are expected to care for equipment or facilities and follow best practices. If poor handling occurs, the student may lose eligibility to continue using Media School equipment or facilities.
8. The student is responsible for any costs related to loss and damage, and options will be discussed when the loss or damage is assessed.
9. The student will receive strikes based on violations of the policy. This includes, but is not limited to, a late return, leaving equipment in a vehicle overnight, or losing pieces of a kit or item. It is at the discretion of the Media School to apply these strikes.